Flash your Device¶
- To follow this section, you will need:
Download LmP system image¶
When you trigger a build, it produces build artifacts as an output which can be downloaded from the Targets tab of your factory, as described in Watch Your Build.
Navigate to the Targets section of your Factory.
Find your LmP platform build, denoted by the Trigger name:
Download it by clicking on its name in the list of artifacts.
Flash LmP system image¶
If you are developing on a platform that has eMMC available such as the NXP iMX8MM-EVK, it is recommended that you boot from eMMC rather than SD. Read the Supported Machines section for specific details on flashing your system-image using the vendor provided tools.
Boot Device and Connect to the Network¶
Ethernet works out of the box if a DHCP server is available on the local network.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the board.
- Remove the SD card from your computer, and insert it into the board.
- Apply power to the board.
Your board will connect to the network via Ethernet and will be ready to connect within a minute or two of booting.
Log in via SSH¶
fio as the username and
machine-name.local as the
The default password is
fio; we recommend changing it once logged in.
Your device hostname will be defaulted to the value of the
value from your
factory-config.yml Read the Supported Machines
section for a list of supported hardware and their
Here are some examples:
If the above methods to connect your device to the network don’t work, try one of the following.
- Temporarily enable and connect to the UART (see directions above in the WiFi section) and determine available IP addresses with:
ip addr show eth0 scope global
ip addr show wlan0 scope global
- Then connect by IP address:
- List connected devices and their local IP addresses on your network router’s administrative interface, and log in by IP address as above.